Does bass improve over burn-in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Incredibly awesome new earbuds...

[Not much point reading now, skip to EDIT and EDIT Duex for my opinion :) )I just received my new £70 ATH-CK7 earbuds, and they are supposed to be flat, but these are seriously lacking in bass. I know it wouldnt be as deep like my D40fs (they have boosted low end frequency), but from what i read it should be punchy, tight, and powerfull. It's none of these, it is lacking so baddly. Especially as AT claim that the larger 11mm drivers have better bass.

They have however only been playing for about 1 minute through my PSP... would they improve if i ran them through an amp playing bass sinewaves ?
or just bass'y music for 24 or 48 hours ?

-------------------------------------

EDIT: What a difference an hour makes... this bass is amongst the tightest, clearest, and punchyest i've ever herd. And it's only set to get better when i put it on 10hz to 3000hz sine sweeps overnight :), will also help soften the harsh high's which people say are there before there burnt in (they most certainly are, high volume you pull a face like you just ate a lemon every time some very high notes come in :p)

From what i could tell when i put them on 2 minutes ago is that the soundstage is very, very good for such small headphones also.

So far very good, can't wait to here the end result !.

EDIT Duex: !!!!! Omg... best thing i ever read, listen to them by putting them in sideways and push them in hard. And what a difference, bass is there that i cudnt even here before, let alone it being 100x better (sooo DEEEEEP).... i love these things so much... there just inrecidible

I know, but i love it now (after looping THX mega bass test 500 times) its the cleanest punchiest bass ever. Without being boomy like bass enhanced speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom