Does anyone know how to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geniusdude

Baseband Member
Does anyone know how to...

Transfer a Mini DV movie onto the computer?

Is there a cord or something that could use to transfer or something?

is this off of a camera? Deck?

Most mini-dv cameras have a USB/Firewire connection to do capturing. If not, then you'll have to either buy a capture card or a mini-dv deck with usb or firewire ($$$$).

yeah firewire(ieee 1394) would give you the best quality cept theyre are expensive *** wires. i got a 10ft belkin firewire cord for $48 from office depot so its an expensive solution.

You can always get the firewire cable, do all your transferring, then return it back to the store.

This is a cheap way to go, though I know a lot of people that do that with things they only need for a few times. :p

Otherwise, just buy the cable.

NewCents05 said:
yeah firewire(ieee 1394) would give you the best quality cept theyre are expensive *** wires. i got a 10ft belkin firewire cord for $48 from office depot so its an expensive solution.

the method of transfering data does not effect the quality. its digital. you could get 300 floppy discs and put it on them and rar them back together and it will look the same.
besides, usb 2 is faster than firewire 800

well ok ive connected my camcorder thru usb and the quality was horrible like everything was blurred and i couldnt really make out anything. next i tried using some feature called email clip where it records the tape on your sd card. that picture was so tiny that i couldnt see anything. so i decided to go out and get that firewire... umm wire and the picture was amazing and had perfect sound so i dunno i make alot of home videos for my parents and record a bunch of stuff for like personal fun or school projects so it was worth the money imo. im sure you could find it pretty cheap on ebay lol i was just in a big rush cause my project was the due the day after and didnt have time to buy one off ebay, but this is with my camcorder so i dunno

you are giving weird advice, usb = transfers data, firewire = transfers data

there is no compression or loss of quality happening before, durring or after the transfer that has anything to do with USB or firewire.

the only good thing that will come out of using firewire instead of usb2.0 is that you get to wait longer. that is the absolute only difference. this is because firewire is slower than USB. perhaps you had a usb video input device, in which you played your videos through it and recorded it with terrible terrible software and thats why it looked horrible. that really is the only possible scenario in which one might think usb looks worse that firewire. usb doesnt "look" anything... nor does firewire. digital data is transfered along the cable thats it.

well ok most of the camcorders i kno of use firewire to transfer video if you can transfer video thru usb and not firewire then great! you can save a bunch of money.

you shouldn't spend more than $20 on a firewire cable... more than that is utterly ridiculous. I can find 6ft OPTICAL cable for $4-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom