Digital Cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emper0r

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I'm looking for a digital camera that can not only take high quality pictures but also take good video. What would you guys recommend?

Also, is there a significant difference between say 7 megapixels and 10? If so how significant?

Well pretty much all digital camera's shoot AVI movies in VGA (640*480) resolution. You would want a camcorder for video. And even with a good SD card you can only get about 2 hours video.

Megapixels are how large the picture can be blown up to print. 8 megapixels is pretty much the standard, anything lower than 5 is unusable nowadays. I recommend a Kodak camera personally, they've made camera's for along time and they're affordable.

i don't know any models off the top of my head but i like canon (have had two of them and where great) personally i seen a Huge difference when i went from a 8mp cam to a 12mp cam (which it broke and now i have an uber crappy 2mp cam until i buy a new one)

mega pix is over rated imho :p
it's the quality of the sensors/lenses that makes better pictures.

I prefer Canons too! (high five)

^yeah i don't know much about the internals of a camera but it was a huge diff, but it was prob an all around better camera.

What you need is the mother of all cameras: the all new Kodak V1273 ultra compact. I just bought it yesterday and it is the bomb.

$251.99 at Best Buy. 12MP digital camera in HD mind you. Yes, high definition. You think that's good? It's also has a full 3" touch screen on the back. Yes, touch. No more buttons and manual controls on the camera. There's only 3 total buttons, that's it not including the shutter button.

Outputs up to 1080i and holds the newer HCSD cards. Also compatible with standard SD cards too. It needs a lot of RAM to do the HD stuff so be for-warned.

Great price, great product. Has facial recognition, Image Stabilizing feature which are all new this year. This camera was actually used at the 2008 CES shows for demo purposes and I got it for a great deal. Even the guys at Best Buy didn't realize the full capacity of it, lol.

The phone charges three different ways. One is the (not included) accessory that plugs in directly to the power outlet to the camera. The other way is through a USB interface to the data port from the power outlet. The third way is directly from USB link to the PC to your camera. Sheessh.

It's an ultra compact camera, perfect for putting in your pocket. Lots of power and very high quality images and videos for your needs. Comes with a velvet pouch. Neat.

Remember, it's the Kodak V1273.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom