digital camera. how fast are they??

Status
Not open for further replies.
lancec2c30 said:
if you were to go on vacation and not have access to a comptuer for a while then it would be useful.
You'd have to on vacation for at least a month to fill a 4GB unless you were a travel photog shooting everyday, all the time, and they usually have a bunch of 512MB or 1GB cards anyway beucase 4GB and 8GB are slow in comparison.

The General said:
If you take videos, 1GB cards fill up fast. It takes 640x480@30fps videos, a ~45 second video is like 35megs!
Honestly, who buys a still camera to take videos?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
You'd have to on vacation for at least a month to fill a 4GB unless you were a travel photog shooting everyday, all the time, and they usually have a bunch of 512MB or 1GB cards anyway beucase 4GB and 8GB are slow in comparison.

Honestly, who buys a still camera to take videos?

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? 4GB is a lot of space, and a lot of space is good. That card isn't slow, its 150x, which is actually pretty fast. And just because its a still camera doesn't mean people won't use the video feature.

Yeah, I'm really liking this camera. :D

athlon600db5.jpg

p3600zg8.jpg

pins600vg1.jpg

chester600vp6.jpg

The top picture is an Athlon XP 1800+ that I snapped in half, :p

The next two pictures are a Pentium 3 733Mhz that I used a pair of pliers to smash and bend the pins on. :)

And that's my guinea pig. :D

My camera has a feature where it takes 5 shots in quick succession, to ensure you get the best shot of fast paced action

But it lasts for only one second at most. meaning that you need to be better than god himself at timing instead of just pressing the shutter when something starts up and be already shooting when the action hits. That's what makes those modes worthless, because as soon as it is done shooting, it goes to instant review.

SLR's like mine for example take 3-8 shots per second until the buffer fills up, and all you have to do is hold down the shutter and it goes until the buffer or card fill up. mine fills up after about 500 someodd exposures, but i have never needed more than 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom