digital camera. how fast are they??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i would really prefer digital. I have been looking at the canon s2, and the canon a520 I think it is, I am leaning more towards the a520 because it is a little bit smaller then the s2. and still has most of the features of the s2 only not as much optical zoom.

The General said:
I have the Canon A520, and it focuses fairly fast, and if you use manual mode, it can take excellent action shots, but on www.costco.com you can get the Canon A620, 7.1 mega pixels, flip around screen, and its $215. REALLY nice price from when I first started looking at them, fortunately it's been a while and I can almost get a Canon EOS 20D, which should be even nicer. :cool:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11091338&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

o excuse me I am looking at the A610, the a620 only has a continues drive of 1.9 FPS, and the 610 has a continues drive of 2.4 FPS,

the advantage of the 620 is the 7MP res. but the disadvantage is the slower continues drive.

while the 610 has a slightly lower res. it does have the advantage of the faster continues shooting.

Newegg has the 610 for 219 with a free 1gb card right now.

now would loosing that little bit of speed with the a620 in continues drive mode really make a diffrence compared to the a610?

Or would I rarly be using continues drive mode when it actually comes down to using the camera.

Now like I have asked before, What is it in the camera specs that will tell you this time??

It's called Shutter Time Lag or Shutter Speed
you'll find that most cameras are under 0.4-0.3 seconds. The sony T5 is 0.24.
Your shutter time lag will be affected by a variety of things ie: exposure, autofocus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutter_speed < explains everything

lancec2c30 said:
now would loosing that little bit of speed with the a620 in continues drive mode really make a diffrence compared to the a610?

Or would I rarly be using continues drive mode when it actually comes down to using the camera.

How often would you need to take 2.4 pictures per second? If you would do that very often, and 1.9 pictures per second isn't fast enough, then I would say to go with the A610, but if it were my choice I'd take the higher resolution over that .5 pictures per second.

ya that is what I am starting to think to . becuase there really isnt a price difference between them.

And that way higher reslolution is starting to look a lot nicer then the half a pic. per sec.

resolution means absolutly nothing as long as your over 3mp. My D70 makes fantastic 3x4 FOOT prints and it's "only" 6.1MP.

No point-and-shoot toy is going to satisfy your needs for fast action photography- period. You dont' believe me? go to your local camera shop and ask to use a A610. 1.9fps (that is at minimum resolution and quality too) is almost worthless. I can tap the shutter on my SLR quicker than that without continuous shooting.

Yeah, but it sounds like he doesn't have much money, and wants a digital, so point and shoot is pretty much the only option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom