digital audio cables for CD/DVD to sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

pob

Beta member
Does anyone know if there is a cable that I can use to connect both my CDRW and my DVD RW drives to my sound card? I recently purchased a "Y" cable for this purpose but alas, this was for connecting the analog outputs to the sound card. What I would like to do is utilize the Digital out pins (SPDIF) on both of my drives to be able to connect to the CD_SPDIF connector of my Audigy 2ZS. Is there such a cable, or would I have to "modify" and existing "Y" cable?

You don't need this. The DVD and CD are already software dedicated digital to your soundcard direct via software already installed. The issue is the audio signal from your sound card. SPDIF is the function of your sound card. Audio signals from the DVD and CD are already "digital". It used to be that you wuld have to connect the digital out from cd's directly to the sound cards that were ISA slot cards (back in the stone ages). Most new drives still come with that cable although there is no need to install it!! Unless youare running a 486!! OMG!!!

Read this: http://www.answers.com/topic/s-pdif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom