Did DRM screw me over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyboychuckles

In Runtime
I've always wanted an MP3 player so I bought the Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB which works great imo. I've collected a lot of CDs over the years and figured I would take a week and rip them all to my computer so I used WMP9 and ripped them in WMA 192kps format. I am finally finished now and want to copy them to my Zen Nano by compressing them to 80kps WMA, but alas almost all my music is DRM protected, even though I had the automatic licence acquisition box unchecked in the WMP options menu. Now I'm angry since i can only fit around 150 songs on my player. I know they say 500 4min songs at 64kps in the fine print but I figured I could get half that on. I can't compress with dBpoweramp or with the creative software that came with the player. I've been a good lil' Chuckie and bought my music honestly and have good hard copies of CDs that I can't convert to a different format unless i re-rip them. No Thanks! That would take me another week. And to make matters worse I used Creative Mediasource to copy some songs to my player last night and I can't even listen to them for some unknown reason. The player just skips them. Usually I copy songs over by using the Creative Zen Media Explorer and its fine. Ah well I'll try to re-copy the songs that won't play a different way. If anyone has any ideas on how to compress the music I OWN, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help and sorry for the rant.

I would strongly suggest re-ripping, or at least all future rips, to use this program:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

It is the BEST...encodes mp3's in LAME...you can rip as multiple types, download codecs if you want another type...

Registration for it is a mere $14, but it is so-well worth it...

and...NEVER use Windows Media Player again...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom