Is the Denon AVR series as good as every one says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the input Eric, ive gone ahead and bought it anyway becuase i got it for a steal ($200, another auction at the same time went for $900), also I had a listen to my friends which is the model down, 80wpc i think, and it sounds really great and it has plenty of volume. Also he said it works great with 6ohm speakers (we both have them).

this is where denon makes their money. you can't tell, if they are under performing unless you have a an oscilloscope and heavy resistors. I use to have a mcintosh amp tester in the nineties. I sold it to the pawn shop for 600 bucks (the kelly blue book had it valued at 1200. I paid 100 for it at a flea market).

if they rate their amp at 130X7 and it only put out 105X7, you can't tell. you could tell if it was 65 x 7 because the human ear can the difference in 3bd of output, but they can't necessarily tell the difference in 1 to 2 db output. denon knows that

that why in the old days we relied on audio magazines to point stuff like this out. these days you are just guessing because there aren't many home audio magazines out

Oh, right. Well 105wpc is enough for the vast majority of speakers anyway. I can't say i'd be too fussed if it was true anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom