Decisions, decisions.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Ever since I started gaming with a headset I have always wanted wireless. Simply because I enjoy freedom and not fumbling around with a cable when trying to move. To add to that, when I game I get up a lot to get drinks and take a ****. Bad habit, but I'm a thirsty person. Wireless technology has come a long way and I'm by no means a wireless nay sayer for peripherals. Here is the deal.

I planned on buying a good quality wireless stereo headset but then decided I want to go with a nice USB mic (condenser) and then go with even better wireless headphones. Emphasis on good quality, but not studio grade or pure audiophile cause I'm a poor white boy.

Well, browsing the JBL site I noticed they finally have some headphones available which blew my whole decision making process away. In case anybody wondered, I love JBL products as they are simply top notch.

If I go with the wireless it will probably be USB so no need for a DAC, but if I go with the JBL I will wind up getting an external DAC to make it sound even better.

SO good wireless, or amazing corded :neutral:

Unless your wireless setup would reach across rooms (which I doubt), I'd honestly recommend the wired setup. Wireless is nice, but truthfully I don't see much reason for it unless it works across at least moderate distances say; from wherever your computer is to the kitchen for example. In my opinion, an amazing wired setup beats a good wireless one anyday. Especially if the wireless one doesn't reach very far. :)

Last edited:
I am all for anything wireless. You just can't beat freedom at the end of the day. But if you have a serious gaming set up and are a serious gamer then I suppose that many of he wired products have better sound quality.

Unless your wireless setup would reach across rooms (which I doubt), I'd honestly recommend the wired setup. Wireless is nice, but truthfully I don't see much reason for it unless it works across at least moderate distances say; from wherever your computer is to the kitchen for example. In my opinion, an amazing wired setup beats a good wireless one anyday. Especially if the wireless one doesn't reach very far. :)
The stuff I'm looking at all half a distance over 20 or so feet. Technically with that in mind I could walk across my whole apartment with that distance and be fine. My biggest deal with wired is just the damn cable in general. Just sitting here with my X12s on the cable is bugging me bad. A common misconception is cans generally in the same price sound the same whether wired or not. My best friends Bluetooth beats sound absolutely amazing for the price and there is no difference in quality in wired or wireless, but he also runs onboard. Wired also gives me different freedoms like using my phone for music to practice drums with, or walking around the mall, ect.

I am all for anything wireless. You just can't beat freedom at the end of the day. But if you have a serious gaming set up and are a serious gamer then I suppose that many of he wired products have better sound quality.
I'm more a serious audiophile than a serious gamer. Honestly, the only thing I use my headset for is BF3 when I'm playing with friends. The rest I'm using my 2.1 but since I currently live in an apartment where people complain a lot I'm trying to get more into headphones that I can be comfortable with and save my 2.1 for TV and movie watching. The problem with being an audiophile is I can't afford it :sleep:

In that case, I'd say go with the wireless headset. Walking around your apartment while continuing conversation sounds like it'd be kinda nice. :p

Wellll I think I might be getting the JBL headphones and an external DAC for Christmas. If so, I'm for sure buying the wireless for when I need them =)

I'm more a serious audiophile than a serious gamer. Honestly, the only thing I use my headset for is BF3 when I'm playing with friends. The rest I'm using my 2.1 but since I currently live in an apartment where people complain a lot I'm trying to get more into headphones that I can be comfortable with and save my 2.1 for TV and movie watching. The problem with being an audiophile is I can't afford it :sleep:

I hear you man....I have been bad into headphones for a few years now, just love them to death.

I just splurged for a pair of Grado RS1i's....they should be here tomorrow....I am stoked to listen to them....the downside to that is...I am also broke! :p

Yea Tuesday I'm returning the X41s I bought and getting the G930s. I want to grab the Sens but I can't as I have a lot of work to do on my car. Still though, the 930s will be a huge upgrade from the upgrade that was the X41s. JBLs will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom