Deciding what player to choose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

armithel

Beta member
So, apprently there is an extreme lack of basics fundamentals needed in mp3 players today. HD quality videos without audio equalizers, FM tuners and SD readers with poor overall software, OVER extensive software with ridiculous...well...EVERYTHING!

Im sick and tired of silly, long winded music software when all I want do do is drag-n-drop my music files to the device!

So here is the last of my searching for the perfect device that will work with absolute simplicity.

Criteria:
--8gb-32gb
--Sound Equalizer
--SIMPLE software (or none at all, providing that copy-paste will work effectively), I dont need marketplace effects such as what Xbox 360 and Zune has, I dont need Wireless music sharing, I dont need extensive playlist options either.
--Viritual no video playback at all, I jsut want to see the Artist, Song title, Album, MAYBE genre.
--I would love to have something that has in-line recording (Im not going to lie, I would be using it for quick notes for my college classes, and well...ringtone design ^.^ )
--Something with decent battery life, I want it to be able to sit in my car over a winter night and turn on the next day to play at least 1hr worth of music before I need to charge it again.
--A hold button, a power button, naturally a play/next/previous/scan buttons.
--What is extremely necessary is a lanyard portcullis, even though it will be sitting in my car, I do occasionally go on jogs and port the device around and I am in fact..a klutz.

If anyone has a good idea of what I am in DESPERATE need of, please oh PLEASE point me to the direction !

Much obliged :smile:

Up to $250. Although that might be extremely high-bar considering the minimal stuff i need lol

I would recommend the Sansa Fuze or Sansa Clip. Both have very good sound quality. They come in 2, 4, 8 GB size and are expandable.

Sansa Fuze: Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black): Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

1.9" color screen, MicroSD card slot, FM Radio, supports MPEG4 video files and audio file MP3, WMA, WAV, Audible, Overdrive formats, has voice and FM radio recording, 24 hours of battery life (may not be quite that long but is still very good), also has an equalizer

Sansa Clip: Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black): Electronics

4-line OLED screen, MicroSD card slot(Clip+), FM Radio, supports audio formats MP3, WMA, Audible, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, has voice recording, integrated clip, 15 hours of battery life

The older Clips are rumored to have longer battery life because they don't have the MicroSD card slot. The ones with the slot are called the Clip+. I am not sure if the Clips have an equalizer. The link I put above is for the Clip+.

I don't think either of them have a place to hook a lanyard but the Clip has an integrated clip or you could get a case with a hookup.

I have a Clip and it is an awesome player for the money. Leaves my wife's Shuffle in the dust, but neither one is on the expensive end of things.

Yeah, I used someones Clip a while ago and it was pretty good for how small it is. My sister has a Fuze and it has a very simple UI. I forgot to mention above that both of them can be synced through Windows Media Player or you can drag-and-drop files right onto the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom