decent sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimullet

Baseband Member
I have a system with integrated sound, I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, and I want a sound card that will give me decent sound. any suggestions? I'm going to connect it as an input to my stereo so I can use the speakers for surround sound. I use my computer for both gaming and listening to music, both of which I am very into, so I will be willing to spend a bit of money to make it nice, but I don't want the 'top-of-the-line-product-whose-difference-you-can-hardly-notice' sound card. thanks :D

The Creative Audigy 2 ZS is a good card. Especially for gaming. That's what I've got and it's very good.

those audigy 2 zs's seem very nice, and I've seen the gamer edition for less than $100 I think, and you get a few games. so, I 'spose that sounds great, if that's a great card. my only question, then, is about these new cards that are supposed to come out in september? I guess there's a new SB card that'll be really nice, and I have my b-day late in sept., so should I wait for those? I bet the audigy 2's will come down in price then, too? what do you think?

The Audigy 2 ZS is awesome for gaming and music. You will want some nice 5.1 (or 7.1) speakers if you don't have them already. Buy.com has this card for $45 after rebates right now, which is a good deal.

EDIT: rebate is good until 8/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom