Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional - Freezing/buzzing noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional - Freezing/buzzing noi

Any thoughts on the Auzentech X-Fi?

Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional - Freezing/buzzing noi

Auzenteh x-fi prelude is a very good card and it was a toss up between the two for me but i went for the Asus xonar D2X as it clinched it in the reviews I read.

Auzenteh x-fi prelude is a very good card and it was a toss up between the two for me but i went for the Asus xonar D2X as it clinched it in the reviews I read.

I read a review and Auzentech was highly recommended for gamers. I think I'll give it a try :) Packing up the X-Fi right now to go back to Newegg.

Its a good card but uses the same drivers as all the other x-fi's.....youll have the same issues.

grab a xonar like i said.

Its a good card but uses the same drivers as all the other x-fi's.....youll have the same issues.

grab a xonar like i said.

This is incorrect. X-Fi Prelude drivers are updated every 4 months or so, the latest being 2/20/09. The only thing it shares from the X-Fi is the processor. The last update from Creative was 1/22/09 and it fixed:
Fixes:

* Resolves issue with X-Fi Crystalizer enhancement value being reset to default after restarting system.

I use USB speakers, and just use my headset for gaming.

제목 없음
DriverHeaven.net: Auzentech Xfi Prelude 7.1 and Asus Xonar D2 The second review that recommends the Prelude over a xonar.. I'll try it, if it don't work, I'll send it back and save my money for some mods for my Jeep ;)

imo, i havent really had issues with this XtremeGamer until i got the Sept 08 beta drivers. Soon after that, i havent had any problems. I swear. No popping, or anything. Works like a charm. I've had it for a whole year too.

This is incorrect. X-Fi Prelude drivers are updated every 4 months or so, the latest being 2/20/09. The only thing it shares from the X-Fi is the processor. The last update from Creative was 1/22/09 and it fixed:

Reviews | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude (Page 3 of 6) | APH Networks

As you can see, same base drivers expect for some minor stuff.

Any of us audio gurus can tell you that the xonar line supercedes the x-fi's...even though i love mine.

or even better yet you can go with external sound.

Reviews | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude (Page 3 of 6) | APH Networks

As you can see, same base drivers expect for some minor stuff.

Any of us audio gurus can tell you that the xonar line supercedes the x-fi's...even though i love mine.

or even better yet you can go with external sound.

Yes, the software is the same, but the drivers aren't. Like I said, I'll try it, if it does the same thing then I'll use my onboard sound until I get a new PC.

software = drivers.

It uses the same base code, hence the bugs and issues my still be present.

Go ahead and try it out, just letting you know you may get the same results.

Your reviews are old the Asus xonar D2X does support higher directional sound then EAX2.0. They released it through a software emulator which superceeds the X-fi Hardware decoding as it allows for upgradeability so now that I have my Asus xonar D2X I am set until support ends for the card to have the latest directional sound. Creative is hardware based so when they release EAX6.0 you will have to buy a new card.

ASUS said:
DS3D GX 1.0 – The Solution for Windows Vista 3D Gaming Audio Problems
The removal of the traditional DirectSound 3D Hardware extension API in Windows Vista has flattened the PC 3D audio landscape. This resulted in teething problems for gamers – who lost DirectSound 3D HW positioning, surround sounds, and EAX effects while playing a multitude of existing DirectX game titles in Windows Vista. To circumvent this problem, ASUS has utilized a breakthrough gaming audio technology – the new DS3D GX for not only the latest Xonar D2X and U1 products, but also existing Xonar D2 audio cards.

DS3D GX technology revives DirectSound 3D Hardware and EAX effects. It wraps Vista DirectSound3D's API and translates games' DirectSound3D Hardware and EAX commands to the Xonar's audio engine, reproducing the original effects that would otherwise be lost in other audio devices. The DS3D GX library is fully compatible with DirectSound3D standards in all versions of Microsoft DirectX; and hence supports many existing popular DS3D games. Furthermore, it coexists with Dolby and DTS post sound processing. Gamers can now enjoy DS3D or EAX gaming effects over "Dolby Headphone", "Dolby Digital Live" or "DTS Connect" for immersive and realistic digital 5.1 cinematic surround sounds.

Easy Upgrades at No Extra Cost
With DS3D GX technology, proprietary API deployment efforts like OpenAL are unnecessary for both game developers and your sound devices. Unlike other competitive solutions, DS3D GX does not require patch installations or additional expense. Users automatically get DS3D GX functions immediately after installing the updated Xonar drivers. The ultra audio fidelity combined with DS3D GX functionality makes the Xonar an easier and more complete solution for gamers who want to enjoy playing games on Vista now and in the future.

This was just copied and pasted from the press release but if you look up DS3D GX you will see its a viable alternative

Techgage - Creative EAX vs. ASUS DS3D GX 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom