Creative MegaWorks THX 550 5.1 or Logitech Z-5500 Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Was looking at the following speakers,
Creative MegaWorks THX 550 5.1 or Logitech Z-5500 Digital
and can't decide what to buy, they are both abou t the same price (give or take $10) and both have about the same power, 500W (Creative), 505W(Logitech) and yeah, logitech's look alot nicer though.
They would both be used with a Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Soundcard.

Please consider, what is easier to mount, what looks better, what has better sound quality, easy installation etc.

Thanks,

- Michael -

I have the logitech z-5500 digital and all I can say is good things about it. The sound is absolutely amazing and I have onboard audio! (I'm getting an audigy soon, dont worry)

The installation was only slightly difficult because of my desk setup. If you have a wide open space, it's easy as hell. Just plug and go. They look awesome. When my friends first came in they were stunned just by the looks and the sheer size of the sub. Then when I turned it on for them, they were blown away. I have had ZERO distortion on these speakers and I've had them for 9 months now. I've had every option on full settings with rap playing(just to test the sub) and hard rock/metal (what I usually listen to) and there was no distortion. I was impressed to say the least.

I've never used the Creative MegaWorks THZ 550, but no matter what, you cant go wrong with the z-5500.

Hey kingaustin,
I am thinking of wall mounting my speakers, I know that the Logitech ones have built in wall mounts on the satellites, the only problem which I may have is connecting them up because they only come with 15ft of wire per rear left and right satellite. To solve this problem I was thinking of connecting a few RCA couplers in then just adding about another 9m of audio wire.... what do you think?

I definetly like the looks of the logitech ones so far!

- Michael -

If you know what you're doing with that, it sounds good. I've only heard bad things about the wall mounts like the mounts not reattaching or something. I havent tried because it's not necessary with my setup. Plus I like having all the sound closer to me

Wall mounts not reattaching hey... well I would of thought that there would have been a thread which basically attaches through the two holes and then you just mount it on your wall... simple. I'll take it up with Logitech.
Do you have to have a good sound card i.e. Audigy 2ZS? Cause mine's just a 16 bit Creative one, will it support the speakers?

- Michael -

I had these speakers on my dell when I first bought them 9 months ago, but I've recently bought a new computer (one in my sig). I had a turtle beach santa cruz sound card in it and they sounded great. They still sound awesome with onboard audio, but I can tell the difference. I'm waiting for my audigy 2zs in the mail as we speak.

I have creative megaworks thx 550, and my friend have logitech z-5500, we perform the live test between them,

the result, on the opinion of my other friends were voted to megaworks 550 in terms of qualty,

the distortion at high volume occur faster in logitech than megaworks. The megaworks has better bass punch than logitech even the logitech has a little powerful bass than megaworks, the sattelites of megaworks provide better stereo imagine than the sattelites of logitech.

The choice up to the user preferences:

If you want performance and quality listening goto megaworks.
If you want versatility connection and decoding goto logitech.

;)

Do the Creative's come with wall mounts? I looked at the pictures of them and they don't look compatible with them.
Thanks for your help Soudblaster.

What are the advantages of having a more versatile connection and decoding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom