Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty... PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizunomp32

Beta member
I am looking to buy a soundcard because I recently purchased the Logitech X-530 5.1 sound system. My onboard soundcard does not support the 5.1 setup, therefore, i need to purchase a soundcard. I have the Asustek Amberine M motherboard which i probably should have upgraded when i bought my custom comp. I believe it has a shitty integrated sound card, which doesnt support the 5.1 setup. So, i have been reading a lot of reviews at newegg.com (where else ! newegg kicks ***) about the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card.

I had to go to the site to check for system requirements and this is what i came back with:

*Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard chipset*

my motherboard has an ATI (RS480) chispset...

is the soundcard compatible with my motherboard?

thanks for reading. any help at all will be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Yes the soundcard should work. Unlikely for it not to work. The main concern is whether you have a spare, unused PCI slot on your motherboard, fast enough CPU, adequate RAM and HDD space.
Basic requirements are:
  • Genuine Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz, AMD® 1 GHz processor or faster
  • Intel, AMD or 100% compatible motherboard chipset
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
  • 256MB RAM
  • 600MB of free hard disk space
  • Available PCI 2.1 slot for the audio card
  • CD-ROM/CD-RW or CD/DVD-ROM required for software installation
  • Graphics card with DirectX® 9 and OpenGL® compliant 3D graphics accelerator

hi, thanks for replying so quickly

yeah it will definently work with my OS, and most motherboards come with 2 extra PCI slots (just in general am i right? ) ...i know for sure that i used one up for my video card, i am almost 100% sure that i have one PCI slot left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom