crap screwed up my sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sub was absolutely amazing but it just randomly stopped for no reason i dunno why i guess it had something to do on my part but whatever

oh are cars 4 ohms?

figured all modern speakers were 8, well except some PA systems

dont know too much about car audio

yea... you said you were playing it at about 80% for an hour or so... that most likely caused overheating in the amplifier which could have caused major clipping when that certain bass tone hit. It was probably a frequency the woofer wouldn't handle and since it was up so high and was probably heating up, it just blew.

Try taking a 9v battery and connecting the negative poles to the negative of the speaker and the positive to the positive. If you see the speaker move/jump, then its still alive, but since its making a popping sound makes me think that its damaged other than the cone.

Talk to EricB about this... hes a real techy speaker guy. HEHE

As far as I know Logitech doesn't provide ANY replacement parts for the Z-5500 systems. If the system is still under warranty then they will send you a complete, new unit.

If not then PM me again and I'll give you a deal with my spare sub. :)

I dunno how this forum works....if people ask for vouches or whatever....but I have a TON of vouches on honda-tech.com, and I'm a moderator of the Civic Si and Del Sol forums on superhonda.com, and pretty much everyone on that site can vouch for me.

Also my ebay handle is gurusan and I have like 134+ positives or something.

dvc005097qm.jpg

dvc005151cd.jpg

hmmm yea dont think thats good.

lol wow.

voice coil separating from the cone is definitely not a good thing.

Anyway like I said Pm me with an offer. this is priced to sell.

yea im gonna call logitech tech support tomorrow for pricing on a new sub and if its too high ill get back at ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom