Crackling Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvaca

Beta member
Whenever I run a program, the sound crackles and skips.

At first I thought it was my speakers, so I switched speakers and tried headphones, but the problem persisted.

Then I found this post

Posted by: microsoftne

This seems like a strange problem with Windows XP. Some users are noticing scratchy, popping sound with their SoundBlaster cards and Windows XP. I have come to the conclusion that this is happening the most often on PC's that contain RAID setups such as a Highpoint controller. The main fix I have come across is to install Raid drivers OTHER than those that shipped with Windows XP. For instance on my Raid setup, I went back to a older Windows 2000 driver and this has almost completely stopped my sound problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: MicroBell

Good point...Note also this is happening on most nforce2 boards..containing onboard audio (Realteks SoundStorm) and on the AC97 and AC650 Chipsets. All in Windows XP Home/Pro. Win2000, 98..etc do not have this problem. No doubt..a driver issue between XP and nividia....although on the first batch of the ABit NF7 boards..it was a resistance problem.

I fall directly into the second post.

Would I be able to fix this problem by purchasing a Sound Card? Is there a way I can fix this without doing that?

Thanks for any help

Well do you have an onboard soundcard or a dedicated one? If its an onboard, then yes, upgrade. If its a dedicated, please reply with the model #.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom