Crackling AVI files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Row

In Runtime
This is a really annoying problem, basically the audio in AVI files makes a sort of crackling/popping noise which is really annoying. It's every few seconds and is a sort of crackling sound.

It happens on both VLC and K-lite media players.

The weird thing, is I have no idea what could have even triggered it. One day, it just started happening - I thought I had a bad file, but then others did it as well.
It makes no sense because the computer this is happening on is completely offline - I literally only use it for watching videos which are transferred via USB sticks and CDs/DVDs.
DVDs play fine, and the audio is perfect, so it's not sound card. Nor is it the speakers as they work fine too.

I've tried all sorts of different things so far based on google searches, and now nothing new is coming up, I could really use some help.

Cheers for whatever help ya can give.

Have you tried one of the files on another PC? is this with just video files an not just audio files?

Are you sure that the USB drive isnt corrupted? It isnt that hard to corrupt those things which in turn corrupts the file which in turn causes issued when file is played on a different PC.

Cheers for the responses guys.
USB isn't corrupted, I changed the slot and tried an AVI off of a CD. No wireless network card, and the files themselves are fine.

I think I'd have to format the PC to get it to work properly, but atm I haven't got the time really. It's just a real pain because what bugs me the most is that as far as I know, I've done nothing to cause it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom