Correct driver, but no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

bornfidelity.cm

Solid State Member
Hey, I have found the right driver and istalled it (i even get the speaker-icon in the right corner of the taskbar, for setting volumes eg) but i have turned all volumes to the max and still, no sound. the driver works correct.
you might think the soundchip (82801aa ac'97 audio) (intel) is broken, but when i boot with the live-cd of ubuntu (linux) it recognizes my soundchip as the above 82801 and just plays any sound i feed it! how can this be happening?
anyone help, please..!
(oh and my pc does play, for example, an mp3 in winamp, and it just plays (it doesnt say i have an incorrect soundcard or whatever it would say)
theres just no output

look into your motherboard setup ... i believe your bios.. there should be someway to turn your onboard sound card on .. cause it might be off.. or if you have onboard sound and your trying to get it off a plug and play sound card go into your bios and turn onboard sound of... it could be creating an error.... My thoughts..

I'm confused. Your computer plays audio but theres no output? From the way you posted, it sounds like it works.

(oh and my pc does play, for example, an mp3 in winamp, and it just plays (it doesnt say i have an incorrect soundcard or whatever it would say)
theres just no output

WHAT? So basically you just said it plays the files but it doesn't play them. lol. Are you trying to say that it will play files but you can't hear them?

Check connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom