Copying WAV files to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizfurball

Solid State Member
Running Compaq Presario 5010US with Win ME and Windows Media Player 9.
I have managed to copy some of my old music cassettes into WAV files and have added them to the library in WMP9. I have given several tries to copying them to CD as WAV files but keep getting an error message. I have tried using the copy software included in WMP9 and also easy CD but always get an error message. How can I do this?
Also, can I convert these files to something that would be read by another CD player?
Thanks.

When you say you have tried to "copy wave files to CD" do you mean you are trying to burn them to a music CD using a suitable burning program?

Are the wave files in 16-bt, 44100Hz, stereo format?
Arnie

I have tried to copy them to both data and music CDs using program Easy CD. Also tried doing thru Win Media Player 9 in the program they use. I just keep getting error messages.
I am afraid I don't know the meaning of 16-bt, 44100Hz, stereo format.
I played the tape into the computer and used Express Scribe to record. (Express Scribe is a program used for dictation and transcription.) So, now I have WAV files. They are loaded into the Win Media Player 9.

mizfurball said:
I have tried to copy them to both data and music CDs using program Easy CD. Also tried doing thru Win Media Player 9 in the program they use. I just keep getting error messages.
I am afraid I don't know the meaning of 16-bt, 44100Hz, stereo format.
I played the tape into the computer and used Express Scribe to record. (Express Scribe is a program used for dictation and transcription.) So, now I have WAV files. They are loaded into the Win Media Player 9.

By "Easy CD" I assume you mean "Easy CD Creator", a CD burning program. You need to spend some time reading the help files for how to use it to burn music or data files. That is assuming that your computer has a CD-burning drive. Are you sure of that?
Arnie

Yes, I've used it many times, perhaps into the hundreds. It has occasionally gone off the rails and I have had to reload it and I think that may occur this weekend. However, since I also tried using the program that is in Win Media Player 9, I didn't think the problem was with Easy CD Creator.

mizfurball said:
Yes, I've used it many times, perhaps into the hundreds. It has occasionally gone off the rails and I have had to reload it and I think that may occur this weekend. However, since I also tried using the program that is in Win Media Player 9, I didn't think the problem was with Easy CD Creator.

Sorry for the simple questions! It is odd that both burning programs would "go wrong" at the same time, isn't it? It does point to a hardware problem but oother posters may have other suggestions,
Good luck!

I will reload it again tomorrow and see if that works. If there are any errors, I'll post a new message on the board.

I haven't actually bothered to read all the replies but I do recommend a burning program called Burn4Free. I know it sound cheap and nasty but apart from a little ad window this is one of the greatest little burning programs i have found. the reason i mentioned this is because I was having problems with WMP's burning capabilities (it sucked) so I took a chance with this and I've never looked back.

burn4free.PNG

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom