Cool.. Hooked up two 2.1 setups

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Guess What?
I have creative's I-Trigue speakers (2.1)
And some older Dell Speakers (2.0)

And set'em up as a 4.1 configuration

And hooked it up to my Xfi Xtreme Music... and music to my ears

Awesome,
At first whenever i played music it only came through the front speakers and the sub..

Then i enabled CSSMD-Surround, and wow the music sounds awesome. Comes in on all four speakers equally.

I think this is my first time every having anything thats surround

Hi,

Glad to hear, I was wondering since, I have an X-Fi, do I have to have an extra stereo Y-splitter? I want to connect my okay 4.1 sub as an extra with my current logitech x-530 one. So its 5.2, I was just wondering if I HAVE to have a splitter to do this, actually I should just get the amp and see what I can do...

I like boom.

Well if u want to have two subs.. yeah that will work :)

But apparently the sub wont be as good as it was b4, but will be more well, kinda stronger

Not sure how good itl sound, but i would worry about harming your precious X-fi. Its a lot of work on the drivers to have two things hooked up in one slot like that. But trying it out wont hurt.

+ it will look awesome :p

I was planning to do what ur going to do... but cant find a extra sub layin around, let me know how it works out :D

Well I tryed to see what I could do without a Y-splitter which I dont have, lol, I dont have much I guess. Plus the fact that both subs have a very different front right jack, the other one has a larger cirular one, and the logitech one has a prong thing you tie in and its way different. Yet the other speakers fit into the other sub, hmm, there is the extra hole in the x-fi left, but i think that is for 7.1. My other sub has a green and black cord hanging off it that can go into the x-fi. I have messed with the hookups, and I can turn the sub on and it makes a noise like it used to when you turned it on. Yet I only get bass from my logitech one, as the other one is just on, but does nothing productive lol. Hmm, how to make more bass...

Yet it was rather strange, when I turned on the older sub, it make the pop on noise, and it make that noise through my speakers, and at first made a strange beep noise out of the speakers lol, then it sounded normal, but still no extra bass, I need something else. So to get 2 subs to work which plugs go where, and I guess I am missing something, ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom