convert your audio input jack into audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbog03

Solid State Member
i have heard you can convert your input audio jack into an output audio jack and i have tried but i cant figure out how to do it. any help would be appreciated. thanks

FYI: Singal in and signal out are two completely different hardware protocols. It's like asking your nose to become your ear which it is not hardwired to do!!! And....why in the world would you even think you needed to do this in the first place???? If you audio out is dead = new sound card!!! I'm confused!!!

my sound card is fine. i just wanted to be able to hear music from my computer through my stereo but still have the option of hearing it through my computer speakers, but i only have one output signal. my sound card is perfectly fine as far as i know. could i just buy one of those headphone splitters and would it do the same thing or would it cut down on the signal strength or just not work period?

You can do that very easily. You simply buy a mini splitter and then a 1/8" to RCA cable and hook it into your stereo:

L@@K: http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mini splitter

the mini splitter goes into your soundcard out>the 1/8" out to RCA connects to one port of the mini splitter and your computer speakers to the other. Result = Stereo amp and computer speakers a gogo :)

Edit: Just go to Radio shack and tell them what you want to do....they will fix you up!

ok thanks i never thought of buying a splitter until yesterday and figured that would work and i already have all of the stuff i need besides the splitter. thanks for the help!!

Hard to believe that a software program is going to change the circuitboard config and etching on a sound card??? How does it do that. I'm fascinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom