Convert Microphone Input to Additional Output???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharding83

Beta member
Anybody have an idea as to whether or not it is possible to convert a micrphone input jack into a dedicated audio output?

Basically, I am getting into the DJ industry and running the show from my computer. I have DJ software which will let me send the master output to one soudcard output and the headphone "cue" output to an additional output on the soundcard. (i.e. 2 distinct audio sources)

They have USB audio interfaces that they recommend for this, but they are expensive and I can't find one that has four channels of output (2 stereo outputs) without paying for extra features such as midi and spdif capability, etc. If you know of one let me know.

I am working on a laptop, so it becomes a little more tricky. To summarize, I have a heaphone output and a microphone input. My goal is 2 separate outputs.

I tried splitting the headphone out, using the left channel for one and the right channel for the other, but this obviously doesn't preserve the imaging, and I am concerned about potential sound loss/noise induced from multiple adapters, etc.

I would think it would be possible to manipulate the soundcard software to 'dupe' the input, but I don't know how to do this.

Any ideas???

Re:

...just as molsen said.

Also, if you're going into the DJ industry you'll want a soundcard that's reliable.

Good audio quality, features and one which performs. Generally speaking, many cheap USB soundcards do not perform well, relying on alot of CPU power to process audio. To add, it's taking up resources on the Universal Serial Bus.

I'd go for a good PCI soundcard...especially because you're going to DJ. Such as the Creative Audigy 2 soundcards...they're affordable and are reliable. Plus you can get a USB version of the Audigy 2 if you really want.

Thanks for your help guys! Guess I'll stop being stubborn and just break down and spend the money. ;-)

You should get an Audiy 4 Pro - it's a bit costly, but I have one and it's the best for audio ins and outs. It's got all the hookups you'll ever need. Plus, it sounds AWESOME.

You should get an Audiy 4 Pro - it's a bit costly, but I have one and it's the best for audio ins and outs. It's got all the hookups you'll ever need. Plus, it sounds AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom