Continuing audio issues (now its just weird)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiouxev

In Runtime
Sound never got very loud. Then sound suddenly stopped out of one of my speakers. Upgraded to a sub woofer+bigger speakers same two issues. Then one day audio just worked from iTunes (sound wouldn't work from the internet browser) THENN it just stopped working.

I tried putting my older speakers, buying new ones, and trying headphones. None of those worked.

I purchased a new sound card.

Creative Labs CT4780 Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 PCI Audio Card

Went to Creative's site, and downloaded the correct driver, installed, and restarted my comp.

Made sure headphones were in the right port, and tried playing some itunes tunes. No luck. Ran a diagnostic program (came with the driver install) and it said everything is working fine.

But still no sound. Really, what the heck's going on?

Any ideas?

Do you have onboard sound that you have to disable? Did you remove the old drivers to stop any driver conflict with the new drivers?

1. no and 2. no.

How would I go about doing that?

edit: and sorry about the double post. Just pretty desperate for a response.

Thanks a lot man. I'll let you know if it works.

Did what you said, changed bios options (disabled audio) - no luck.

used driver cleaner pro and reinstalled - no luck.

perhaps the drivers for my onboard sound in my motherboard wasn't taken out?

Check teh Device Manager. Start>Run>Right click on My Computer (or Computer in Vista) and select Manage.

There on the left side select Device Manager. Check the Audio part. What does it say.

Runnin on XP at the moment. I expand the "audio, game controllers etc" in device manager and it expands to:

audio codecs
creative game port
creative SB live! value
legacy audio drivers
legacy audio capture devices
media control devices
video codecs

all with the "speaker" icon on the left of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom