Considering upgraded setup for my speakers, need help/ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
So I'm considering upgrading from my not so great receiver to something a bit more high-end.

I was thinking about getting a dedicated amp, and whatever else I will need to go this direction.

Just in case you don't know, I have a pair of B&W CM1 Bookshelf speakers and a boston cs10 sub. My budget isn't very big, probably in the $6-700 range

Thanks for the help.

Nobody has any input? I've been looking on Audiogon a lot trying to find some good deals on some stuff but I don't really know enough to make an educated decision to buy something. I know one of you guys can help me out here :)

Post some models that are in your price range and preference, and I can go from there. Theres only hundreds of thousands of receivers out there.

The problem is, I don't really know what there is. I don't know where to look because I don't know all of the hundreds of brand names.

I think I want to move more into the home theater direction since I am planning to move in with my best friend next fall and he has an HDTV so I figured we could have a pretty sweet setup if we combined our stuff. Since I don't know any models, I can just tell you what I would like to have and hopefully you can recommend some things to look at or something.

1080p up-scaling would be nice. HDMI outputs. Oh and what would be really helpful is if it could send all of the signals through one HDMI output since his tv only has 2 HDMI ports and one is for his 360. Otherwise I'll have to get a switch. If you think it would be a better option (not taking price into account) to get an amp/pre-amp and all that stuff, I can save up to do that. I'm trying to make this a really nice system that I can build on and that will last me for a long time.

I hope that is enough info. Oh I found a Classe SSP-25 for sale on audiogon that I thought might be a good piece to have. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom