Connecting stereo speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2k556

In Runtime
Hey, I'm getting ready to start buying all the parts for my computer and making my own system. Right now, I have 4 speakers connected to my stereo. Two of which are those 3 speaker enclosure ones. I also have the possibility of adding another 2 small 6x12 speakers also. All of them are spliced, so how would I get them to plug into my computer and have them all work properly. I'm just gonna use the onboard audio from my mobo, it's an 8 channel ALC889A chipset. and it has 6 analog ports, and it has 1 coaxial and optical outputs. In the future I plan on getting a surround sound system but I don't have them money now, so any help with this would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance, Gavin.

Well, lets see. you can use regular speakers to create a surround sound system if that what you are looking to do.

just plug one speaker in at a time, and run through a sound test program to see which speaker outlet goes to which speaker. (i.e. I use Creative's sound blaster program and it will run front right, front left, center, rear right, rear left through the channels.

Thats the cheap way, you'll then need to find a program where you can adjust the volume of each speaker seperatly so that they sound correct, (unless you can get them all evenly spaced from yourself.)

And make sure that you have 1/8" ends on each speaker already, or you'll have to splice new connectors on there (it'd be better that way than getting a butt-load of adapters, and you wouldn't have much quality loss either). Stereo speakers as in, like, home stereo speakers, right?

yea, they are home stereo speakers, i'm using the ones from two stereo systems. the enclosed ones are from an old on that my dad had, it's got a record player in it. but i'll take'em if their free. The others are from this stereo that i've had. just a regular 3 disc cd/stereo.

what do you mean i need power to those speakers? they don't have any power cord inlets or anyhing.

and does it matter with ohms or anything. two of 'em are 4 ohms and the others are 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom