connecting SNES to TV tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think anyone has a answer. Most people do not have a SNES anymore let alone how to connect one to a PC.

Cheers,
Mak

I guess what I mean than is any video input via AV cables. Even like a VCR. I plug it in but what do I need to view the video? another software program other than media center?

Hello,

From what i know most TV Tuner cards come with software and only that software aside from Media Center can do what you want. I would check the website of your tuner card to see if there is software available.

Maybe Eric or someone else who has done this before can be of more help. I dont run anything thru my PC but my PC stuff. I have a TV right here for everything else.

Cheers,
Mak

this is possible, but just a note

if you have a tv tuner that can pause, fast forward, rewind etc. TV, then you'll have to disable that functionality to be able to use your SNES... otherwise you'll have a 1-3 second delay with the video, I think its called PVR or PVM or something

google it, game console tv tuner or something of the sort

i'd recommend just getting one of those boxes that convert the S-Video cables to DVI for your monitor and then you can just switch the input from your monitor's little button panel when you want to play SNES etc.

I think some of my propblem is i can't download the softwre from ATi's website. Everytime I go to install the software for Vista 64 it crashes windows when installing the driver. Then when I reboot I have to roolback to the driver windows installed. Unless maybe I have to disable the windows driver when installing ATI's software. Anyway, so I really then have no software for the tuner. I just use windows media center. So I can't tell the tuner to use the A/V or S-video imputs rather than the cable. I dont know if that info helps out any with understanding my mess.

I just tried updating the driver via windows device manager. same result; blue screen of death. Maybe I'll have to wait for Vista SP2? LOL! The card didn't work at all until SP1 was installed.

ok this is just what i use im sure if you find something better you can use that to but vlc seems to work for most input streams i do like my ps2 and game cube if it works for you drop me a line and tell me if you experience issues like lag or whatever I've been exparimenting with this topic for some time now and havent for a good median for playing the systems thought about a tuner card but didnt wanna spend the money unless i knew it would solve my problem

i downloaded and installed vlc. So far I can't figure out how to get it to pick up my AV inputs but it still might be linked to my tuner software issues.

Assuming that you have the video out plug on your snes you can do it. but you need media center to set the output to composite in (it will detect it when you plug the short dongle in). power cinema also works with that card but it sucks

that said. it's not a good idea to run a game through a tv tuner card, because they max out at 29fps. games of course go faster.

use a snes simulator instead. google is your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom