connecting pc/tv thrue S-Video easy or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin787

Solid State Member
Im about to buy an hdtv with an S-Video slot. I have a nvidia geforce FX 5500 which also has an S-Video slot + VGA slot and am wondering if I can just hook the tv/pc up with an extra long S-Video cable and bam whats on my pc will be on the tv or is it much more complicated than that?

If anyone who has done this successfully could tell me if thats plausable it would be greatly appreciated!

Im about to buy an hdtv with an S-Video slot. I have a nvidia geforce FX 5500 which also has an S-Video slot + VGA slot and am wondering if I can just hook the tv/pc up with an extra long S-Video cable and bam whats on my pc will be on the tv or is it much more complicated than that?

If anyone who has done this successfully could tell me if thats plausable it would be greatly appreciated!

That's actually a good question, and if it is in fact that simple, I may need to upgrade my TV! :p

YAY I am like so happy it worked but no sound. Oh well now I get to battle with it for 20 min and get he sound to work but yay just played indiana jones and temple of doom on my faltscreen from a file dled on my pc YAY YAY YAY

Did you get the sound to work?
I am running a HP a1709n with a GeForce 7300 GT. I have had the dual monitor set up using my tv and s-video for a while but cannot get the sound to work. I have even tried the digital audio out on the pc through rca to the tv and still no dice. If you figure out the sound problem please post the answer.

yea i still cant get the sound to work, that seems to be the fundamental problem that nobody can really answer with this method

however other than that the video from s-video cable is great actually, i got the quality to be really good thrue messing with my vid card tv picture interface on pc, and it made huge difference

FYI - got sound to work, buy a cord that has 1 connector that will connect to pc speaker outlet and on other side will connect to white and red holes behind tv under s-video plug in and wham u got sound. got the cord at walmart for like 4 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom