connecting pc/tv thrue S-Video easy or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things that you need are as follows

1x SVHS to RCA Video cable
1x 3.5mm Stereo to RCA Audio cable

Not sure about some other computer store, but i create a kit with the 2 cable in them as I have a lot of people asking for them.

Use the SVHS to RCA Video cable between the your SVideo on your video card and your RCA Video in on your TV.
Use the 3.5mm Stereo to RCA Video cable between the your sound card speaker port on your video card and your RCA Audio in on your TV.

Turn on TV.
Turn on Computer.
Watch Movies or what ever.

Trouble Shooting.
Have a monitor near by for configuration. YOu might need to reduce your resoltion to 800x600. Your TV might handle 1024 x 728. However the picture quality might not be that good.

Your video card might not detect your TV. From there you need to go into your nVidia control pannel and detect your TV. There should be an option to force the single through the S-Video.

The other thing that you might find yourself doing is increasing the size of your icon and for fonts. I have found that your standard 32x32 icon on a TV are really hard to impossible to read. You will find that in your display settings.

Windows Media Centre Edtion actually shows up better on CRT TVs. I have used the same video card with the very same driver file.
Under windows Xp, i found that the 800x600 was average. Where 1024x768 was just too blurry.
Under Windows MCE, I found that 800x600 and 1024x768 were improved.

the dvi connector is the way to go for hdtv or a dvi to hdmi plug. they kill the svideo connection. I use the s-video for my regular big screen as it is limited to 1024x768. hdtv go to 1080i (1928x1080)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom