Connecting my Laptop to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonoz

In Runtime
My laptop has a VGA out and an HDMI out.

My TV has component rca in, DVI-D in, S-Video in. NO VGA IN.

I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV. I tried to find VGA to DVI-D adapters, but there exists no such thing. And why should there? It's like you are going from an analog signal to a digital one. It would need a transcoder rather than a simple adapter. I am either left with an HDMI to DVI-D or VGA to analog component.

I want to base it on VGA so other laptops lacking HDMI output can be plugged into the TV. What sort of cable should I use to accomplish this. Can I get something like the following and get what I want?

Amazon.com: Premium 6ft VGA Male to 3-RCA Component Video Male cable: Electronics

Thanks

My laptop has a VGA out and an HDMI out.

My TV has component rca in, DVI-D in, S-Video in. NO VGA IN.

I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV. I tried to find VGA to DVI-D adapters, but there exists no such thing. And why should there? It's like you are going from an analog signal to a digital one. It would need a transcoder rather than a simple adapter. I am either left with an HDMI to DVI-D or VGA to analog component.

I want to base it on VGA so other laptops lacking HDMI output can be plugged into the TV. What sort of cable should I use to accomplish this. Can I get something like the following and get what I want?

Amazon.com: Premium 6ft VGA Male to 3-RCA Component Video Male cable: Electronics

Thanks
I'm now seeing your item (guess the shark picture was temp). Yes that could work and also the adapter that Bulldozer referred to as well.

Yup that should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom