Connecting to console

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicalgangster

Beta member
Hey everyone,

I have logitechs 5.1 equivalent to their X-230 computer speaker system, and I've been using creatives sound blaster live 24 bit external soundcard to connect them to my computer. Though I recently got an Xbox 360 and I wanted to get 5.1 sound going from it, though I think my sound card isn't compatible. (I need a digital audio cable input (thats what the 360 uses for 5.1) on the sound card, and all it has is an output.) Is there a cheap and reliable way to hook up a 360 to my computer speakers?

Cheers!

Hello,

Yes you can. You need to purchase and use a surround sound / dolby digital decoder, like the Creative Decoder DDTS-100, which costs around $135 USD online. However, not many places sell this particular product and in the UK, hardly anywhere sells it.

It's easier and cost-wise to buy a new surround sound system with an audio decoder allowing coaxial / optical input.

I guess the decoder would replace my need for the external card I've got, though how do I connect my PC to that. I would still like to be able to play music from my computer. Does the switch box that's included allow me to connect my PC or connect the creative external?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom