This confuses me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
My camera, and most other camera's, have video recording and playback.

My camera (Polaroid i532) writes videos in AVI format with DIVX. I tried to get a video (50MB) and convert it to AVI and DIVX. But when I transfer it to the camera, the camera doesn't recognize it...why is this?

different version of the codec or maybe the bitrate is to high or the audio codec could be wrong!

I'm guessing the camera adds a special thing to the file, which makes it recognize the file?

Because if you could upload videos to a camera, why would people buy an IPOD video?

AMDSCOrPiO said:
different version of the codec or maybe the bitrate is to high or the audio codec could be wrong!

...I'd say so. Although it may be in the correct format, the camera may only be compatible with AVI files at a certain bitrate and resolution.

Alvin.C said:
...I'd say so. Although it may be in the correct format, the camera may only be compatible with AVI files at a certain bitrate and resolution.

And of course, they won't tell you, because then you have a $190 video player...

I've got Nero 6 Ultra Edition.

I've tried AVI with DIVX, and it doesn't work. Camera says that there is a file error.

You need to figure out EXACTLY what format and everything the videos are that are on your camera, and if you reproduce the EXACT version of the codec and EXACT bitrate and all that, then there's no reason it shouldn't work unless the camera company made it like that on purpose. Snoop around on the data card for files with the same name as the video, if there is on for each video with the same name but a different file type, chances are it contains some form of metadata that tells has information about the video, but I'm not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom