confused, yet, again

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
well, i decided that i probably should make a system repair disc for the laptop i got for Christmas. since it is used, and it seems to have a few little problems. i figured before it turns into something large. anyway, i have a brand new stack of HP dvd-r discs, that i figured would work well for this. but when i tried, it said the disc was not blank! i checked the properties on it, and it shows empty. and it would not format on either the laptop or my desktop hp computer. so i am lost. which is way easy, when you really do not know where your going in the first place. am i using the wrong type of media? since i want to make something that can not be overwritten, i thought a dvd-r would be fine.

what software are you using to make the disc?

can it save the disc as a iso? if yes, then use other burning software to create the disc.

i was just trying to use what comes with microsoft windows 7 for software. i made dics with my m.s. vista o.s. this way on my desktop computer. neither computer will recognize the disc(s) [ i have tried several from this stack] .at this point, i do not know the optical drive in the laptop, as far as burning is concerned, i do know that it reads fine. the optical burner in my desktop i know works (well it did last time i burned something, but that was over a year ago). the actual discs are HP Light Scribe DVD-R 16X 4.7GB DISCS. I bought 4) 25 packs of these when i originally purchased my desktop (6 years ago), thinking that i would use a lot more of them than i ever have. i am thinking maybe i should try burning a batch of photo's to one of these discs, just to make sure the dvd burner is still functioning in my desktop.

I HAVE USED THESE DISCS IN THE PAST, A WHOLE BOX OF 25 OVER THE YEARS. AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE BEFORE. (sorry about cap locks).

I HAVE USED THESE DISCS IN THE PAST, A WHOLE BOX OF 25 OVER THE YEARS. AND I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE BEFORE. (sorry about cap locks).

I understand that, but I thought you said the discs were used in your desktop. Now your trying to use them in your laptop. Maybe I'm not reading it right?

OK, I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYUING NOW. I WILL HAVE TO LOOK INTO THAT, BECAUSE HONESTLY I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IT HAS IN IT AT THIS POINT. THANKS.

Back
Top Bottom