conflicting audio???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
well since i couldnt figure out how to get my onboard audio to work again... i installed the SB live! mp3+ card i had laying around... i installed it... when to creatives site and downloaded the latest drivers

heres where i started having problems

after restarting the computer after installing the card... the sound windows start up music started playing even b4 i installed the drivers... the sound played for maybe 5 seconds and froze the entire computer... so i rebooted into safe mode...

once there i check the device manager and nothing was flaged... i tried to install the drivers i previously downloaded and it gave me the message "Setup could not detect any sound blaster card on your system. please insure that you sound card hardware is installed properly... bla bla bla... setup will now exit"

so im like wtf... i looked in sound, audio and game controllers and low and behold sound blaster live is there... hmmm

am i making any sense? onboard audio is disabled and no other audio drivers have been installed... should i try installing the card in a different pci slot?

UPDATED

i happened to get into windows with out using safe mode and managed to install the drivers and the patch... the device is working fine... the only problem im having now is whenever it plays a sound, weather it be the windows start up/shut down, or just a sound test... the computer freezes right after the sound is finished playing... any ideas? im so close to figureing this out

did that.. i dont think there are any more that need to be hooked up

i think i might go out and pick up an generac sound card.. ive been hearing lately that creatives sound blaster cards suck and cause a lot of problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom