Computer's volume screwed up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiNZ

Solid State Member
I recently bought a creative audigy soundcard and intalled in my com... Bcos me onboard sound wasnt working anymore...When I use it, after a while, the slider for the master volume moves down automatically...When i try to drag it up, it gets back down again.. when the slider is going down, i can actually hear sound coming out(when i play a vid,mp3)...

b4 i installed the new sound card already disabled the onboard through the bios...

after i installed the sound card, i installed the drivers.. then the prob occured.. so i re-installed the drivers... MANY TIMES.... to no avail
:( (althought the sound mysterious appeared for a stretch of 2 days then disappeared again)btw... I
1)already checked the speakers
2)Checked that me volume wasnt muted in any way
3)re-installed the drivers many times
4)disabled onboard sound through bios(b4 installation of new sound card)
5)checked with dxdiag

still.. the slider in stuck at the bottom

any solutions anyone...?

thx..
ShiNZ

(1st post:cool: ...)

could someone pls help... i have been trying to solve this problem for over a week...

make sure that its all synchronized with your control panel. Does the volume bar stop at a certain point? if it does, just leave it there and turn up your speaker volume.

the slider just goes all the way down... even if i crank my speakers all the way still wouldnt change a thing.... all i hear is deafening silence...:mad:

not to sound like an overdemanding jerk... but please help me... i really cannot stand my computer not having any sound at all.... PLEASE:angry:

Spyware/Virus scans. The slider should not be moving by itself no matter what unless something is telling it to (spyware).

i already scanned for viruses, spyware... even defragged and scandisked... still nothing....

ShiNZ said:
... must i really...? there's no other solution?
Well, likely it'd be the easiest and the fastest.

As long as you have a second HDD for backup, it's not too big of a task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom