Computer Sound Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hushburn

Solid State Member
Okay, just suddenly, one one speaker is producing sound..kinda
One speaker is fine, plays music from mp3 and other sources clear and fine
The other, however, plays nothing.. when there is a song with a beat, or heavy bass, it makes a hiss sound (as the song goes a long). This also is the case when plugging in a microphone/headset duo.

When I did the sound test (To check both speakers), the left made the sound clearly, the other one sounded completely different (like a garbled version of it)
I know the speakers are plugged in correctly, like I said this OCCURS when using a mic/headset (which goes into the green jack at the back, where i unplugg the speaker one)

Here is a link to show you what I mean
View My Video
(One speaker clearly makes the correct noise, the other makes a garbled-lower pitch version of it)

Is this problem internal? or something within the computers settings
This just happened now, I am not experienced with computers all that much (with internal, and settings) so please don't sound too incredibly nerdy on me!!!! just kidding, all jokes aside, any response will help.

Also when speakers turned up VERY loud, you can hear a hiss or "air" sound VERY loudly coming from the bad speaker.

Could be
But with that theroy,
Would the headset/microphone combo still have the same problem?
(The Speakers Plugged into the back unplugged, headset/mic plugged into the pink and green slots)?

Not really. It could then be the sound card. The part of the device that controls that speaker/headphone could be damaged.

Thank you for the information
That's what I was affraid it could have been
Long story: chair hitting into side of the computer :p

Anyways I will bring the computer in today and reply back to share what the issue was.

Thanks for all the help though, I really appreciate it!!!

Have you tried hooking up a different set of speakers, to see if the problem is with your speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom