Computer = Equalizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SThompson86

In Runtime
Hello all, So here is my situation. I have a new HDTV and I have an old 5.1 surround sound system. To cut to the chase I hooked my surround sound up to my tv which works great. The problem is that the TVs EQ does not effect my surround sound. I can not even hear the sub woofer. Nevertheless, I need to daisy chain some sort of EQ in between the TV and speakers. I do not have much money to spend nor do I want to spend much on a an Equalizer. I came up with the idea of using one of my spare computers as the in between EQ. I would buy a couple RCA audio to 1/8th jack converters and use those to to rout the TVs audio through the PC. With the PC in place I could use it to give me some BASS in my speakers..:crazy: lol

Just an idea I had, I figured I would run it by you all. If you all know of a simple EQ with RCA Audio I/O let me know. I searched around on Ebay, but everything was more than I wanted to pay for.

Thanks in advance .

and it does. I wish I could find a simple 3 channel mixer for cheap, but everything I find is expensive and professional home theater equipment.

hey Phil - Ron Fellows?

How is everything hooked up? I have a feeling that something is not hooked up properly. True 5.1 needs 6 analog connections or one digital (sp/dif or toslink).

How is everything hooked up? I have a feeling that something is not hooked up properly. True 5.1 needs 6 analog connections or one digital (sp/dif or toslink).

that's what I'm thinking. do your receiver have digital input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom