computer doesn't recognise mp4 player - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy computer doesn't recognise mp4 player

When I plug my mp4 (xx.y model number a496 bt) into the USB port my mp4 charges, however my laptop doesn't recognise that I've plugged something in. Before, when it worked, I would plug it in and it would have two options, charge and play and charge and transfer. This option doesn't come up any more, instead it just charges. My usb ports are working, and I've tried plugging it into all of them but it doesn't make a difference. I've tried plugging the mp4 into another laptop and the same problem happened. It's also quite new. I really don't know how to fix this, I've tired factory reset and formatting the device, so all my songs have been deleted off it, but I have no way of putting them back on again. Please help!

Ninjamonkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: computer doesn't recognise mp4 player

try formatting the player first.

Right Click on My Computer and select Manage, a new Computer Management window would open.

Click on Disk Management, and on the right you should be able to see your player's drive, perhaps as an unformatted drive.

Right click on it and select Format, and depending on the capacity, chose FAT for 2GB and below, and FAT32 for above 2GB.

Once formatted, see if now the player's drive functions?
JordanMihailov is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detected, mp4, music