Computer detects Microphone but doesn't pick up voice.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Hi,

So, as stated in the title, my computer doesn't register input into my microphone, but it does detect it. The microphone isn't broken as it works on another computer.

It isn't that it isn't configured, I've tried to do this but it doesn't pic it up. I've re-installed my mobo's audio drivers, but I'm getting no luck.

I don't understand really. Nothing can be wrong with the port if the computer is picking it up. If the computer can produce sound, I would think all of its audio processing should be in working condition and this shouldn't be something that is broken on the mobo. Or is it possible for something to be wrong with sound input while output works just fine?

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Did you try going into the audio settings in the control panel and set the microphone as the default input/recording device? If it's working you should see a sound level meter jumping around when talking into it

What type of microphone is it ? if it's a condenser mic and you are plugging it into a dual line-in/mic input then you are going to struggle. If it's a dynamic mic it should work fine, whether USB or 3.5mm jack.

Back
Top Bottom