Computer Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewdaye

Beta member
Alrighty boys and girls I got a noodle scratcher....I am looking for some way to play my audio with a reasonable amount of wattage. I am wondering if I would be better off to buy speakers for my computer or if I should just buy a boom box. Now heres the thing, I have a CPU right now that has a sound card with only 2 channels. I don't need speakers with 5.1, although they are only 10 bucks more, because I will only be using them for music not movies...so I want speakers that are 2.1. So I would have to buy at least a 4 channel sound card. Now I am moving away to college next year with a laptop and am wondering if the sound card I buy for my CPU can be transferred into my future laptop so I can use my speakers on my laptop, or can I expect my new laptop to have a 4 channel sound card (or higher) already? I also plan to buy an ipod and the speakers i want to buy have a quick connect for mp3 players. Also can boom boxes be set up to run through a computer? So would I be better off to buy computer speakers or boom box?

actually i'm not sure what my current CPU has for a sound card. All I see in the back is blue input hole, green output hole, pink mic hole and the other hole where my current speakers go which is orange. I also know that my sound card is SoundMAX Digital Audio Version 5.12.0001.3620

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom