Combining Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliber

Beta member
Hi all. I have 3 2.1 Speakers and i wanna convert it into a 6.1 ( that means i have 2 extra sub woofers i wont be using. )
The 2 speakers have to be plugged into the subwoofer to adjust the volume. I tried configuring one pair to be front speakers, one pair to be side speakers and the last pair for the rear speakers with the sub woofer alone. They work fine but the problem is that the sound is too soft even though I had put everything to maximum volume. Is there a way to make it louder?

So you are running 6 speakers out of one sub? It sounds soft because they are not getting enough power. The board in that sub was only made to send power from the source to two more speakers, not six. So, your speakers are only getting 1/3rd the power they would normally get in 2.1 configuration I'm guessing.

I don't think there is any easy way to fix it. You might need to buy a new system.

+1

Your ohms (resistance) shot WAY up when you added those speakers which is really making the amp in the sub work HARD. I suggest you not push it anymore or you're gonna wind up with a couple of boxes with a cool circle on one side.

Yeah, one of two things will happen, or possibly both:

1. Your amp inside the sub will fry.
2. Due to you working your amp waaay too hard, it will put out dirty signals to all of your speakers when you turn it up like that, resulting in them blowing.

hi im sorry my english is bad but i didnt plug 3 pairs into 1 amp..
Im running on a amd 939 board . so behind there are 6 holes.. 5 for speakers and 1 for mic.

Blue hole - Subwoofer( so there are no speakers connected to it)
Green hole - 1 Pair of speakers(front)
black hole - 1 Pair of speakers(side)
red hole - 1 Pair of speakers(rear)
pink hole - microphone

this configuration works but its too soft.. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom