Closed Circuit TV/Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarmlessGoat

Solid State Member
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what type of hardware would be requiered to have your own channel broadcasted from your PC in your home, like a buisness or school would have. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Broadcast? You mean over the air via radio? You first need a license if you want to do it that way, and expensive radio equipment for FSTV on UHF.

I mean for a T.V channel, so that I can hook into the cable in my house so that when someone turns to channel 3, lets say, they see my computer output from the video card.

If you were to have an outside CATV source plus your own internal channel, you would need to get pretty complex.

First, you would need to make a filter that gets rid of the signal in a certain channel frequency range. Then, you need to be able to inject a signal into the empty space. But, introducing said signal isnt going to be easy. Its not something that any Joe-Technician can do. In fact, I probably wouldnt be able to do it, without prior research.

why wrong with a svideo or composite out on a nvidia video card? you can hook it up to a vcr too.

Yeah, that is easy to do, I want to integrate it into my cable system so I can play videos or music on any TV tuned to that channel in the house.

HarmlessGoat said:
Yeah, that is easy to do, I want to integrate it into my cable system so I can play videos or music on any TV tuned to that channel in the house.

you can use your vcr or buy something like this

MyComputer001.jpg

Hmm, I forgot the VCR trick. Good call Eric! I was overlooking the easy ways;) I was thinking about how to actually construct such a thing:D Silly me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom