Cheepish Headphones Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that aswell, god knows want amp he's really getting.

Anyway, you said the D40 will start to sound muddyat 30Hz, Is this frequency often used in music ?. I oticed my Z5500's go to about 33hz, so would start to sound rubbish at about 45hz, I have only ever heard to sub struggle with low frequncies 3 or 4 times sinse ive herd them, i could tell because it sounded muddy and distorted at a low volume, and it was very low. So i figured this was why.

So, although the D40's will sound worse when it gets to very low frequencies, is this likely to happen often ?

Im still going to read reviews on both, see what other people say.

I'd go with crysalis's advice. not everybody has a ear for music. he's an audiophile and engineer. most people think that an 80 hz note boosted by 12 db (which will distort it) is a 20 hz note.

you best bet is to audition them and make your own conclusion. you are likely to find out that crysalis is right

Ok thanks, i'll take this into consideration.

I have also just noticed some other headphones, Audio technica ATH-A55 ART Headphones. They are the same price as the M40's and D40's. There specs are similar to the M40's. But are they any good ?... i.e. Loud, Sound Good, Soundstage, Gameing, Bass, ect ect all the usual stuff.

don't be puttin words in my mouth... I never said it would get muddy at 35 hz. I said they would start to cut off (meaning drop in volume) at around 35hz. The ENHANCED BASS will boost LOW frequencies drowning the highs - i.e. muddy.

I would go with ericb's advice :D

don't be puttin words in my mouth... I never said it would get muddy at 35 hz. I said they would start to cut off (meaning drop in volume) at around 35hz. The ENHANCED BASS will boost LOW frequencies drowning the highs - i.e. muddy.

I would go with ericb's advice :D

o sorry, i thought cut off ment get muddy. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom