Check these out please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 55 watts total. Mine is 70 watts total and it's plenty loud for me, probably to the point where you have to talk pretty loud over it, I dunno, I've only had it a few days. It really depends though. That's 55 watts for $40 (shipping included) and I got 70 for $50 in store.

OK, so the general consensus is that 55 watts is kinda low?:confused: I'll look around for a different set:)

I didn't mean it's too low. It's probably pretty decent actually, but it just depends on if you're going to blare your often sound or not. If you are going to, then maybe you should look for something with higher wattage.

I've had a chance to blare some music on mine today to the point where you'd have to scream over it and it was quite nice and did not distort. 55 watts isn't too far off, but in my opinion, you can probably fine something that is a better value, with more wattage and more speakers. Maybe 5.1 sound or something. You'll be sacrificing the looks a bit though. ;)

that ne looks wrong. the box on the pic says 66 watts but the description on newegg says 41 watts.

The Merlin, haha, that is almost exactly what I have. I was able to pick up the 5.1 version of those same exact speakers at Wal-mart for around $50, although for some reason music won't play out of my center speaker, which pretty much has made it 4.1. I like mine, but I have nothing to compare with.

Also, I'll go ahead and spoil the suprise within the box if do you buy them. The box containing the satellite speakers has a label that warns that the speaker wires contain lead and you should wash your hands after handling. Maybe this is true with most other speaker brands though too.

These also may be quite nice. If I had to do it all over again, and if these were side by side on a shelf, I'd maybe have bought these: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=36-121-104&DEPA=0

There are a ton of reviews for them, the majority very positive. I also like it because of this: "Features: Experience Dolby Digital sound for music, movies and games, Innovative, dual-chamber subwoofer delivers twice the bass energy of similar subwoofers, Magnetic shielding in speakers protects your equipment".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom