Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Solid State Member
yes after 2-3yrs of using HPpavillion set,the drive now
reject to open
How can i solve this problem please?
thnx

Are you pressing the button on the drive?Have you tried to eject it via right-clicking on the drive and selecting eject?

yes tried all it just lighted up like trying to eject but not succeeded
thnx

It might be jammed. There may be a hole on the front you can insert a pin into to open the drive, try that, or prise it open somehow.

m3trj said:
It might be jammed. There may be a hole on the front you can insert a pin into to open the drive, try that, or prise it open somehow.

try this first to see what it does for you, if not it might be an issue with the gears, sometimes these can wear away if made with sub-standard parts

Re:

Hello,

If you can't locate a pin-hole for manual ejection...then you'll most probably need to take off the front panel of your PC casing, and expose the front face of the optical drive. A pin-hole should be there.

You could also try a tray ejection program, such as: DDCDes. I'm pretty lazy, and rely on hot keys to control the trays of my optical drives.

Re:

Hello,

Most probably a mechanical fault, if you can't open it even during POST. I'd start looking for a replacement :rolleyes: :( ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom