CD's wont play - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

X-FI would be your best choice, with a small analog mixer.

Newegg.com - AuzenTech Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

Buy Tapco Blend 6 Compact Mixer online at Musician's Friend

And i can say that the lastest drivers are extremely stable.

Or you can get this:

Buy Mackie Onyx Satellite Recording Interface online at Musician's Friend

Doesnt have balanced xlr outs, but it does have balanced 1/4" outs.

This one is very nice too:
Buy TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6 FireWire Audio Interface

Does that Auzentech genuinely sound better than soundcards like the EMU -1616 ?

I'll take a look.. Uhm i dont have firewire :mad:

I might sell my TV too :D I'm way more into sound than TV, because then i could use the £400 to sell my Behringers, and get some good ones. or keep my behringers and get a good subwoofer, and i'll still be able to get a good soundcard with the £200.

I still have a love hate relationship with monitor speakers, sure there great on well recorded music. But if it's not, they make it sound really bad :p But i guess that is the idea.

edit: come to think of it if play Sting at a moderately loud volume, there is faint crackling supposedly. Now the clipping light on the speakers is not coming on, and the drivers are no way slapping. Obviously i can't really tell how mucha tweeter is straining because there's no visable movement. So you reckon it could be my soundcard ? Please don't tell me it's my speakers....:eek:

Does that Auzentech genuinely sound better than soundcards like the EMU -1616 ?

Oh yes, look at the price.

The Auzentech X-FI is the best sounding of all of them, well a modded Xtrememusic can sound just as good.

I suggest presonus.

PreSonus

PreSonus

Presonus is good as well, i have a tube preamp from them.

I'll take a look.. Uhm i dont have firewire :mad:

I might sell my TV too :D I'm way more into sound than TV, because then i could use the £400 to sell my Behringers, and get some good ones. or keep my behringers and get a good subwoofer, and i'll still be able to get a good soundcard with the £200.

I still have a love hate relationship with monitor speakers, sure there great on well recorded music. But if it's not, they make it sound really bad :p But i guess that is the idea.

edit: come to think of it if play Sting at a moderately loud volume, there is faint crackling supposedly. Now the clipping light on the speakers is not coming on, and the drivers are no way slapping. Obviously i can't really tell how mucha tweeter is straining because there's no visable movement. So you reckon it could be my soundcard ? Please don't tell me it's my speakers....:eek:

You can get a firewire pci card for cheap.

If you had more space and money i would suggest you got some higher end monitors, but i think monitoring sub would be a good addition like you said.

Oh, right thanks.

About the crackling i mentioned, i asked some guy over on head-fi to listen to the remastered version (like i was listening too) on his AKG K701 headphones, because they are such revealing headphones, he indeed confirmed there was crackling on the remastered version - but intreestingly it was not on the original. And the original sounded better, just shows how good remasters are :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom