Which CDs are best for music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironside

Solid State Member
I have got some of these blank CD/R that come in the big spindle of 50. I was wondering how people get on with putting music on these. I have put music on these a lot before but have started thinking whether its best to get proper audio CDs to put the music on to. I have put music on to a CD today and it was jumping quite a lot even though I did give it a good clean.

if you are using nero then make sure that the size of your songs is less than what the cd can take because im pretty sure that nero only checks the time of all the songs put together eg. 74 or 80min.. just highlight all your songs and click properties and see how many MB they take up if its over nero will still burn it but normally it comes out jumpy

the only reason i can think of that cds that have labelling on them that states use for audio/music is that they are of higher quality than competing cds.. i think 'normal' cd-rs would do the job nicely provided you get a good brand media like ericb said

BlkShdw88 said:
the only reason i can think of that cds that have labelling on them that states use for audio/music is that they are of higher quality than competing cds.. i think 'normal' cd-rs would do the job nicely provided you get a good brand media like ericb said

the only difference between them and computer cd is the fact they have to pay a royalty fee to music artist and the fact you can only use the kind of cd in most home audio recorders with the exception of marantz because they don't care about royalties.

1515panopticon said:
Roxio Easy Media Creator is your best bet.

I have got this programme but I am actually using Nero 7 at the moment. I normally highlight all the songs to be copied and then it takes me to Windows media player, when I click start burn, Nero opens up and seems to do an okay job. I actually have some Sony disc that are only for music, i will see how well they work.

CD's are not obsolete and will remain the Music produciton Media standard for some time to come becasue they are far less expensive. DVD's are overkill for audio only. who would produce an album with like fifty new songs on it just to fill up the media??? I have a recording studio and use standard CDR's and they are just fine for audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom