car audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well I am getting my fisrt rig hopefully soon :amazed: long story. Anyway I want to get a decent stereo system for it. I need a deckk with at least 80 watts continues RMS, a set of good door speakers (2) for no more then 95 dollars, A 10 in sub that is reliable with a good punch, and a amp to power it.

So can someone give me enlightenment on whats new and exciting with adio stuff right now.

I said " I am getting a new rig soon, and I want to get a decent system for it" And I thoug it was pretty clear, but I want to see what would be a good set up for it. Or at least some options.

rig as in car or rig as in computer...??? lol and yeah how much are you willing to spend cause hu door speakers amps and subs are gonna run alot of $$ and if you cant install the stuff yourself youll get jacked from a car audio dealer on installation too

he wants speakers in his car, as well as a sound system.

I wouldn't bother with a custom deck, because you can use a Belkin TuneCase FM transmitter and listen to your MP3 on that.

NewCents05 said:
rig as in car or rig as in computer...??? lol and yeah how much are you willing to spend cause hu door speakers amps and subs are gonna run alot of $$ and if you cant install the stuff yourself youll get jacked from a car audio dealer on installation too

exactly. there an car audio store here in columbus ohio called sound investments

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr...483868786306131827&sa=X&oi=local&ct=authority

they always make sure to get your name and address on their invoices. then they have a crew (this crew was the same guys who broke into maurice clarett's vehicle a few years back that started the mess to get him kicked off OSU's football team, but you didn't hear that from me) go to your house and steal back the stuff that they sold you

the worst part is...
you will occasionally see their store mention in Car audio and electronics magazine

talldude123 said:
he wants speakers in his car, as well as a sound system.

I wouldn't bother with a custom deck, because you can use a Belkin TuneCase FM transmitter and listen to your MP3 on that.

um wtf... no bad idea plus then **** have to buy a new amp for his door speakers and youll have to splice the wire to sub or the a line out converter either way they both sound like shiiiit.
but this also depends on what he wants to spend

and yeah eric b i dont trust any of the car audio dealers. plus most of them ask like 40-50 bucks to install only a pair of door speakers... then installing subs lol costs more than what theyre usually worth.
alot of people at db races are more than willing to help install car audio systems for little profit cause they know how much bs dealers are.

heres the hu im buying in a week or so
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/JVC-...44058/catOid/-13089/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

really good deal going on right now bout 150 and free installation for the hu. its a good deal the same hu is like 140 on ebay so yeah. but you wont find an 80watt rms hu most 2grand hu dont have 80watt rms you wont need that much unless you plan on blasting highs to near deaf level. itll be plenty for LOUD music just not blaring. if you want blaring then get an external amp.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/21_60/products_id/132

one of the best 10in woofers.

edit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hifonics-Brutus...ryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
amp to run that sub

okay I want a 10 inch sub with a magnet that will fit in a wood box behind the seat of a standard cab toyota pick up. I think the door speakers are like 5 1/4, I think that is the size. I know how to install the stuff. and I have a uncle who is really good with messing with the crossovers and such on the amp for the sub.

I need a deck that can run the door speakers suffeciently. like 22 watts RMS contiunes for each channel. I was lookng at some pioneers on crutchfiled for like $130.

I was looking at a jlb 10 in. sub, a jlb 204 watt mono ch. amp, a pioneer deck, and a set fo pioneer 2 way door speakers. But it was like 650 dollars for it al :D a lil' much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom