cant watch certain .avi files

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
for some reason im unablet o view certain .avi files... i can watch some .avi videos already on my pc, but for somereason, iv downloaded 2 videos that cant be played... iv tried all my media players to view them and they all say that the file type is invalid... have been told i need to downlaod a codec for them, so i downloaded the divX one, and still canna view them... any suggestions!?!?

find and download gspot, a codec info tool. load up the avi file and it will tell you exactly codecs are needed to decode the file

i tried the Gspot thing... it couldnt identify the required codec... downloaded Xvid, but i cant do anything with it( comp doesnt know what program to open it with) and not 100% sure what ericB was saying to dowload because the link had a god few things to dowload...

well... i downloaded it, but what am i meant to do with it once iv installed it?

play your avi files through WMP. if they don't play now, they are probably corrupted

WMP being windows media player?! i have a clip that i downloaded from an official website that my friends has and can play, but i cant because WMP says file type not supported... am i doing anything wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom