Can't seem to get my audio back after XP reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these drivers in a list with the Daniel K drivers (tried the link for those, but it was dead). The package is titled "ngocmd" and is beside the original point since these are for an extra Audigy card I had laying around and they did work right away. I tried these because the last 2 or 3 times I've tried to install this card on a fresh XP system, it was a total trainwreck. When I use the Creative disc for that one it installs so much crap in addition to the core drivers (be default...can't unselect it) and I don't want all that other stuff.

At any rate, the audigy install is temporary I hope. I just need sound....this is my work computer and I need an input into my system to get caught up on some editing work. The audigy worked first time, but I don't want to use it permanently because it has no pins for my front panel I/O jacks, and I use those quite a bit. The Live card has those pins and is a great card when it works.

I will try removing all drivers with Driver Cleaner and see what I get with the original card, though that's what I had with the first install after reloading Windows. Installed the Creative drivers from the original disc and it was fouled, but it's worth another shot.

No modem in this system. NIC is integrated and the only other thing that was PCI is a firewire card that I removed when I put this audigy card in (needed the extra knockout space to put the expansion card in), but it still tells me I have this mystery PCI device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom