Can't import DVDshrink files into burn software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
We've been trying to import DVDshrink video files into different DVD burn software with no luck. My father-in-law has 3 different types of burn software on his HP laptop and none of them will allow him to import these files.

I've got DVD2go software on my home PC and it works great with DVDshrink files. I've also got Windows Movie Maker on my laptop and it won't let me import DVDshrink files either.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Danny

DVD Shrink uses a proprietary file to burn its files. You will not be able to sue those files in anything but DVDShrink. If you wish to burn them you will ahve to install Nero to have DVDShrink burn them.

Other than that you can check the thread in the Windows area.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/recommended-software-certain-tasks-171255/

This will help you along the way. Convertxtodvd or Nero Vision will be of great help to you.

DVD Shrink uses a proprietary file to burn its files. You will not be able to sue those files in anything but DVDShrink. If you wish to burn them you will ahve to install Nero to have DVDShrink burn them.

Other than that you can check the thread in the Windows area.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/recommended-software-certain-tasks-171255/

This will help you along the way. Convertxtodvd or Nero Vision will be of great help to you.

Okay, thank you for this information. At least I know to not waste any more time trying to get my father-in-law's burn programs to burn a DVD from DVDshrink files :( .

I've got Power2go DVD burning software on this Systemax laptop as well as my wife's older Averatec laptop and on our home PC. All three of those computers can burn DVDs using DVDshrink's files.

That seems odd. I can not even get Nero Vision which is a updated version of DVDShrink to burn those files. But hey if it works dont break it.

dvd shrink make valid dvd files. it even make an dvd iso file. those programs doesn't seem to import valid dvd files. most programs don't. they usually import mpg and avi, mov etc. files

nero recode is the updated version of shrink, but you can also use nero vision to edit those files. I just did it for a boxing friend of mine

dvd shrink make valid dvd files. it even make an dvd iso file. those programs doesn't seem to import valid dvd files. most programs don't. they usually import mpg and avi, mov etc. files

nero recode is the updated version of shrink, but you can also use nero vision to edit those files. I just did it for a boxing friend of mine

Eric, I think that you're saying that DVD shrink will make valid DVD files but most burn software won't import those files, right? That is what we've experienced. We can't import the "DVD shrunk" files into my father-in-law's burn software on his HP laptop.

In my case, I can with Power2go burn software. I've got Power2go on my home PC as well as on my laptop and on my wife's laptop. All three of these computers will import the "shrunk" files and burn them to DVD. We're then able to play these DVDs on any DVD player.

Eric, I think that you're saying that DVD shrink will make valid DVD files but most burn software won't import those files, right? That is what we've experienced. We can't import the "DVD shrunk" files into my father-in-law's burn software on his HP laptop.

In my case, I can with Power2go burn software. I've got Power2go on my home PC as well as on my laptop and on my wife's laptop. All three of these computers will import the "shrunk" files and burn them to DVD. We're then able to play these DVDs on any DVD player.

yes. that what I'm saying.

if you have nero 7 or earlier installed on your computer dvd shrink can burn the files to dvd as it uses nero burn engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom